Pages

menu home about me contact nail designs buttons Image Map

October 26, 2012

EOTD: Neutral Purple and Tutorial

Hello everyone, any exciting plans for the weekend? Today I wanted to do an eotd post because I haven't done one in a while. I didn't have time to take pictures of the whole face but to be honest I didn't do something special, some powder foundation,bronzer and sheer lip gloss. For the eyes I wanted something neutral but with purple touch so here the final result:
Neutral Purple Eye Makeup
This a very simple everyday eye makeup, nothing dramatic. I didn't want very vivid purple on the lid so I toned it down.
Products used:
- Urban Decay Primer Potion
- NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk
- The 1st,2nd,3rd and 10th eyeshadows from the first row and the 5th from the second row from NYX Nude on Nude palette
- Urban Decay AC/DC eyeshadow
- e.l.f. liquid eyeliner
- Benefit bad girl mascara

How to:
- First apply the primer and the eyeshadow base.
- Next with a fluffy brush like Sigma E35 add an eyeshadow close to your skin tone(3rd from Nude on Nude) in the crease and blend it well.
- Apply the purple eyeshadow( UD AC/DC) all over the lid with an eyeshadow brush like Sigma E55.
- With a dome shape brush like Sigma E45 add some dark brown eyeshadow (5th from Nude on Nude) in the outer corner and bring it slightly into the crease.
- Use a matte beige eyeshadow ( 1st from Nude on Nude) to highlight under the brow and for inner corner use a shimmery beige eyeshadow( 2nd from Nude on Nude).
- Because the purple was a bit too bright I used the matte beige with a fluffy brush and kinda dust it over the purple lightly.
- Line half the the lash line with liquid eyeliner and wing it out. For the other half use a push brush like MAC 212 and a black eyeshadow.
- Apply few coats of mascara and you're done
- Enjoy :D

What do you think of the eye makeup? Let me know in the comments below :)


6 comments:

  1. I love your eye looks, they're so pretty! :)
    I saw in the list of products you used that you used Urban Decay's Potion Primer. I'm looking to buy a new eye primer as my MUA one isn't working for me anymore, what do you think of this one. Does it actually prevent creasing?
    http://thebeautydraw.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Sarah. UDPP is great primer if you are willing to pay around $30 or you can first try either of the e.l.f. primer, eyelid primer or mineral eyeshadow primer, they are much cheaper :) I have a comparison review between UDPP and e.l.f. eyelid primer http://www.fashionynails.com/2012/10/urban-decay-primer-potion-vs-elf-eyelid.html

      Delete
  2. How pretty! I've been looking for a purple color just like that one! It's such a pretty shade for fall xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The AC/DC is great color but in the picture it shows lighter because I toned it down a bit with beige eyeshadow :)

      Delete
  3. Love how it is coloured yet looks so neutral.

    xoxo
    Madiha

    ReplyDelete

Please don't leave comments just to leave the link to your blog!!! All the comments that include giveaways links or those that have been posted with only purpose to leave you link will be DELETED without any question!