Pages

menu home about me contact nail designs buttons Image Map

September 13, 2012

e.l.f. Eyelid Primer vs e.l.f. Mineral Eyeshadow Primer

Hello my lovely readers. I've been wanting to do this review for a while now. I have already reviewed the e.l.f. Mineral eyeshadow primer,you can see it here, and today I will compare that one to the e.l.f eyelid primer. I have bought quite a few things from e.l.f. and the mineral eyeshadow primer that I have now is my second. But I wanted to try the e.l.f. eyelid primer and was wondering if there are any differences between the two primers.
e.l.f. Eyelid Primer vs e.l.f. Mineral Eyeshadow Primer
So packaging wise you can see that they are different, the e.l.f. eyelid primer is kinda narrow on the bottom and wider on the top. Both have the same color combination, warm beige with black.
I think both, eyelid and mineral eyeshadow primer, have the same amount of product and they are paraben free.
What e.l.f. says about them:
eyelid primer: "Preps your eyelid for smoother, longer-lasting and crease-proof eyeshadow. The ultra sheer nude color works to increase eye colour longevity. The lightweight liquid formula quickly absorbs into the skin for comfortable wear."
mineral eyeshadow primer: "This gentle and completely sheer Eyeshadow Primer has key vitamins A, C and E to help prevent aging and moisturizes the skin. The formula glides on easily and disappears instantly to create longer-lasting, crease-proof eyeshadow. The Mineral Eyeshadow Primer is designed to be used with your favorite mineral eyeshadow to provide ultimate staying power for beautiful and vibrant color that lasts. 100% mineral based with no parabens, no preservatives and no chemical dyes." 
e.l.f. Eyelid Primer vs e.l.f. Mineral Eyeshadow Primer
The applicators are the standard for eyeshadow primers, the mineral primer's applicator is slightly bigger than the eyelid primer's.
e.l.f. Eyelid Primer vs e.l.f. Mineral Eyeshadow Primer
I got both primers in sheer. The e.l.f. eyelid primer comes in another 3 colors whereas the mineral eyeshadow primer only in sheer.
As you can see from the swatches they look the same and they both blend easily. They dry to matte finish but the eyelid primer has kinda off-white color when it drys which isn't noticeable pretty much at all. Texture wise the are almost the same with mineral primer being slightly smoother.
One difference you will notice when you open them is that the e.l.f. mineral eyeshadow primer has a really nice buttery smell and the other almost hasn't any smell. Personally I prefer the buttery smell :P.
e.l.f. Eyelid Primer vs e.l.f. Mineral Eyeshadow Primer
I should probably choose another eyeshadow, less pigmented but anyways. As you can see there is a noticeable difference been the swatches without primers and with them. I would say that the e.l.f. mineral eyeshadow primer is a bit better with helping the eyeshadow payoff. Although they don't do tremendous work with boosting the eyeshadow payoff,  they do help a lot with staying power of eyeshadows. I have noticed big difference when I'm wearing either of the e.l.f. primers.
e.l.f. Eyelid Primer vs e.l.f. Mineral Eyeshadow Primer
That's how the eyeshadow looks after about 7-8 hours. I didn't use the same eyeshadow for the eye makeup and swatches!. 
I must say that the color pretty much didn't fade at all so thumbs up for the primers.
Overall I would say that they preform almost identically with e.l.f. mineral eyeshadow primer being slightly better, at the end is up to you if want to pay £1.5 or £3. To be honest next time I will need a new primer I don't know how I will decide which one I will buy :P.

You can buy the e.l.f. eyelid primer here for £1.5 and the mineral eyeshadow primer here for £3
Have you tried any of these? Which eyeshadow primer are you using? Let me know in the comments below.

8 comments:

  1. I always use the UD eyeshadow primer but to be honest I think I need to give one of these a try! Very good value :) Lovely make up by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah it is definitely a good value! Thank you :)

      Delete
  2. I was wondering what the difference between the 2 is. I love the regular ELF eye primer, I have about 8 in stock at all time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always wondered if there was a difference...other than one always being out of stock ;)

    mezmadeup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and I forgot to say I like how in depth your review is with all the photos, swathes and on eye application. great job!

    ReplyDelete

Please don't leave comments just to leave the link to your blog!!! All the comments that include giveaways links or those that have been posted with only purpose to leave you link will be DELETED without any question!