Pages

menu home about me contact nail designs buttons Image Map

June 3, 2013

Summer Night Out Look | Makeup, Hair and Nails

Hello ladies, hope you had a wonderful weekend. Today I'm gonna show you a complete summer night out look which includes makeup (of course), hair and nails. This is will be my entry for Beauty and the Beach 2 contest.Let's start with makeup.
Colorful makeup look
Summer night out makeup
If you are following my blog for a while you know that when it comes to eyeshadows I tend to prefer using neutral colors but for special occasions I often throw some color in to make my eye makeup look more interesting. If I was on vacation I would definitely wear this type of makeup for a clubbing night or even later dinner. I used pink,yellow, blue and some neutral eyeshadows.Now, I know it might scare the girls who don't dare to wear some bright eyeshadows but why not try something different? You might even end up liking it more than your go-to makeup. When I created it I wasn't expecting to like it so much but I love it and I think that it compliments my brown eyes, what do you think?
Here is the products list:
Face
Revlon ColorStay in 200 Nude
Collection 2000 lasting perfection concealer in shade Fair
Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in 001

Cheeks
L'Oreal Glam Bronzer in Blonde Sun
MUA Blusher in shade 2

Lips
NYX round lipstick in Tea Rose
Urban Decay Lip junkie in Midnight Cowboy

Eyes
NYX jumbo pencil in Milk
120 Eyeshadow colors palette from ebay (see the video for exact colors)
e.l.f. Liquid eyeliner
Urban Decay 24/7 pencil in Zero
Maybelline Rocket Mascara

If you want to see tutorial for this look you can click here to watch it on my YouTube channel. (don't forget to like it if you liked the tutorial :) ) Let's move onto the hair.
Night Out hairstyle
Excuse the no makeup face but I took the picture before I film the makeup tutorial. For summer I decided to do a small change on my hair and do a light ombre using L'Oreal Wild Ombre, I don't know about you but I love how my hair turned out. Anyways, the actual hairstyle is pretty simple to do.I have no experience in hair tutorials so I'm gonna do my best to explain how to achieve this:
- Take few front pieces and braided them. Do this on both sides but if you have bangs don't include them in the braid. Don't braid the hair all the way down just enough so the two braids meet each other on the back of your head. Secure them and let's move onto the next step.
- Take the rest of your top hair and tease it to give some volume and brush them back.
- I wanted to spice it up so I used the headpiece you see, unfortunately I didn't bought it online and as a matter of fact it was a gift from my grandma. I put it between the braided hair and the teased part to separate them.
- Take thin curling iron and curl the rest of the rest of your hair. I didn't want very defying curls so I went for wavy hair, besides my hair "don't like" very defying curls and they become loose curls very fast so why bother? haha. Also curl the rest of loose hair from the 2 braids you created before.
- Lastly secure the 2 braids behinds your head with few bobby pins. Oh and of course don't forget to use some (lots of) good hairspray.

The last part of this look is of course the nails. As you may know, there is no way that I will walk around with plain color on my nails. I'm not saying that just nail polish is bad but I can't not do some nail art specially if I'm going out. I present my summer night out nails:
summer nail design
summer, bright nail design
I think this design is very summery and you can change the colors if you don't like them. I used the China Glaze For Audrey and Zoya Rica nail polishes. I didn't have time to film and edit a tutorial for this design but I will write it down just in case you want to recreate, although it's pretty easy to create it just by looking at it.
- To create the gradient effect on the half of the nail all you have to do is to take a makeup sponge, apply the 2 colors of your choice ( makeup sure than they overlap each other in the middle to create a transitional color) and sponge it onto the nail. I wanted the colors to be more vibrant so I first used the same method just with white nail polish so it will act as base for the colors.
- On my pointing and ring fingers I created 3 white petals, that have small line at the base, at the top left corner of the nails. Also I added 2 lines of small, white dots where the gradient ends. For the flower center I used 1mm silver rhinestone.
- On the rest of my nails I added 2 white swirls between the gradient and rest of nail. I also placed a 1mm rhinestone in the middle, under the swirls on each nail.
- To finish it, I applied some top coat.

And this is the end of my post and entry. I do like the look and it is definitely something that I would wear for a night out on vacation or generally during any night outs in Spring and Summer. I would love to know what you think on my entry?

2 comments:

  1. You look so pretty sweetie, and I absolutely love that nail look as well :-)

    Love, Christine♥
    http://christineiversen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please don't leave comments just to leave the link to your blog!!! All the comments that include giveaways links or those that have been posted with only purpose to leave you link will be DELETED without any question!