Pages

menu home about me contact nail designs buttons Image Map

January 4, 2015

Top 14 Beauty Products of 2014

Top 14 of 2014

Hello 2015! This is my first post for this year and I'm really excited to get back to more regular blogging because I kinda neglected it since Fall. 2014 was a pretty good year for me and I managed to fulfill few of my goals, including my fitness goal. So for first post I chose to show you 14 beauty products that I've used a lot in 2014. So without further ado let's start!
Top 14 of 2014 face products
I'll start with face products. I guess I should've included one skincare product which I used a lot and it's the L'Oreal Ideal Fresh foaming cleansing water which I've been using pretty much since I got my hands on it in like May and gone through like 2 or 3 bottles. For foundation I chose the Revlon Colorstay; it's a great medium to full coverage, long-lasting foundation. Even though I have combination skin I prefer the normal/dry formula and the only downside is that it contains spf 15 and that can cause a small flashback in flash photography.

If you have been following me for sometime the concealer I chose should not come as surprise, the Maybelline fit me in #20. The tube you see is probably my third if not fourth, it's has medium coverage and when set with powder it will stay in place for a good amount of time. It's not a heavy duty concealer but on me it does great job at concealing my light dark circles and it can even cover pimple redness.

Smashbox Bronze Lights in Suntan Matte it's probably one of the best bronzers I've tried so far. The color is great because it's not too yellowish nor too greyish, it's the perfect contour shade for my fairly light complexion... Review here.
Top 14 of 2014 eye products
Let's move on to eye products. Before I got my hands on the Urban Decay Primer Potion I never thought I could love and depend on a product so much. As a matter of fact I thought that it was over hyped before I get it but I was completely wrong. It's definitely one of the best, if not the best, eyeshadow primer. It indeed makes huge difference in how vivid the eyeshadow looks and for how long it stays on. The one you see in picture is the travel size and I almost out of it so I will soon buy the full size which I think will last me for a really long time so it's definitely worth the money you spend.

Another base I'm using a lot is the NYX Jumbo pencil in Milk. Do you ever wish that those light, highlighting eyeshadows would pop more? Well then you need this pencil in your life! I don't use it only under highlighting shades but under any eyeshadow I want to make it pop, to stand out.

I was on a hunt for a good liquid eyeliner and I think I finally found it, the Catrice waterproof liquid liner. Although it's a recent discovery I just had to include it because I've been using it non stop since I bought it and I started doing winged liner pretty much on daily bases. It's stays on for all day and it applies like a dream... Review here.

For mascara I was between two but I decided to go with Maybelline Colossal Go Extreme Volume. If you are looking for a drugstore mascara that will add both volume and length then you should totally give this one a go. This is my second tube and I will keep repurchasing it... Review here.
Top 14 of 2014 lip products
I never considered myself as lipstick girl but in the past couple months I think that changed. I became more into lipstick and started buying more and wearing more often. The 2 lipsticks that stood out to me in 2014 are Essence long-lasting lipstick in Barely There (review here) which is the perfect brownish nude shade and Maybelline Super Stay in Infinitely Fuchsia which is in a completely opposite color scheme and as the name suggests bright fuchsia shade. Both have good color payoff and longevity but the Maybelline one is definitely really long-lasting!
Top 14 of 2014 random
Now let's talk about some random beauty products. For hair I only decided to include one and that is the L'Oreal Elvive Smooth and Polish [MK] Perfection conditioner. I leave it on for about a minute or two and my hair feels incredibly soft plus the scent is lovely.

Ever since I first tried the Dove Go Fresh deodorant I haven't purchased another, except for one time that I wanted to try something that is aluminum free and it didn't work. The Dove deodorant works great, it keeps nice smelling for long period of time and the only downside is that it contains aluminum because it is labeled as antiperspirant.

While I only got the Body Shop White Musk Smoky Rose in December I wanted to include it because it's a fragrance I wanted to buy since summer but somehow never came around to do so until December. I just love the smell, I felt in love with it from the first sniff -not sure if there is such expression but you know what I mean right? The smell is sweet but musky at the same time and next time you are at Body Shop give this one a sniff and you might love it.
Top 14 of 2014 beauty tool
The next item is not a product it's a beauty tool. I was kinda skeptical at first whether I should or shouldn't include it but since it's something I've been literally using non stop since around March of 2014  I thought I would mention it. It's the Braun Silk epil xpression epilator( the head you see in picture is for small areas). When it comes to hair removal I kinda skipped one stage, which is waxing, and went directly from shaving to epilating.  While yes it is painful I'll never go back to shaving. I'm thinking of writing post about epilating with tips and ticks and generally talk about my experience so keep an eye for that post if you are interesting in such topic.

Phew that's one Long post but hey I had to mention and talk a bit about 14 products, the post couldn't be shorter. Hope you enjoyed it and let me know in the comments below your favorites for the past year. Till next time, love Anna!

3 comments:

  1. Great picks! The Revlon Colorstay foundation is an old-favourite of mine, such a great base for the price! I used to have an epilator but stopped using it as it was too painful. But, it wasn't a very good one so maybe it's time for me to re-invest! I've just posted my makeup and skincare picks of 2014, if you want to check out my best products of the year :) x

    alicegracebeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. I love the maybelline colossal and fit me! 2 of my fave products of 2014 too!
    xoMadiha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the mascara by Maybelline, it's in my favorites as well ! I also like the Fit Me concealer, the Colorstay foundation (I need to repurchase it!) and the Smoky Rose perfume! Good picks :) x

    ReplyDelete

Please don't leave comments just to leave the link to your blog!!! All the comments that include giveaways links or those that have been posted with only purpose to leave you link will be DELETED without any question!